Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Guest Submissions

Hey everyone,

I have been toying with the idea lately of networking with other video game bloggers and setting up a collaborative network of sorts, one in which we write for and promote each other's blogs and we mutually benefit from it. I have submitted guest articles to a few blogs out there, but I have only just started accepting guest submissions for my own blog.

The kind of guest submissions I would be looking for, and interested in writing myself in return, are as follows:
  • Video game reviews. I mainly stick to recent, current-generation releases, but I am also interested in games from past generations, rarities, imports and hardware reviews. In short, if it's gaming-related, I'm interested.
  • Opinionated articles and rants, provided they are well presented and backed-up with factual points.
  • Industry news, gaming news and other topical discussions that are of interest to the gaming community.
  • Lists (such as "Best Of" and "Top 10") that cover any aspect of gaming or gamer culture.
  • Buyer's guides to a particular series, genre or gaming platform
So what is the benefit of collaborating? Well, networking with other bloggers is a great way to gain exposure to your own blog or website and have some fun meeting like-minded people in the process. Similar to other venues like Youtube and Tumblr, promoting other people's work and having your own work promoted helps both parties gain exposure and a greater following. It's win-win.

If you are interested in writing for my blog and/or having me write for yours, hit me up in the comments below or through a direct message on Twitter (@browland1) and we can discuss possibly working together on something. Please include a link to your blog or website so that I have an idea of what kind of writing you're into.

That is all for now. Thanks for reading and supporting my blog!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment